Monday, August 23, 2004

Yo Son.....

I know its been awhile since I posted last, for some reason I have been distracted by this sudden urge to sing the Pina Colada song....I don't know why.

(Note to self: Mexican food is only good for that night, feed to roommate)

To quote the Pixies "Where is my mind...Where is my mind"Not on work at the moment....I guess it really isnt right for me to be posting blogs while on the job, but then I think...Fuck em....I'm over-stressed and underpaid....at least this distracts me devising a plan for REVENGE! (ohhhh..a little too Mad Scientist there)

Maybe I think too much into it...I remember back at my very first job, It was as a cook at Black Angus...we had this guy Greg, he was about 36 or so and was mentally challenged, (not sure what it was Autistic or Cerabal Palsy), anyways I always liked Greg. He had a speech impediment and the biggest smile a dishwasher ever could have in the world. While we all slaved our way through the dishes and hated every moment of dishwashing...Greg reveled in it. We would rib him and joke around, always in good nature and never insulting, and he would be right there shooting back at us...it was great. I now think about what he was doing, going through the mountain of dishes, sweating from the heat, soaked through...and he was always happy. Because he was needed and we made him feel needed. And thats what you need to make your job right...feel like your needed. In these days, that doesnt happen too often. There is a definite sense about being "replaceable" which tends to drive my morale straight through the floor.Maybe there is something Zen in washing dishes...scrubing away the grime of life...and coming out refreshed and clean.

Makes you think...maybe Greg in his own little way knew something that we all have lost in our daily grind. Underneath it all...we're still there..you just need a little rinsing off now and then.

DM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

hit counter code