Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Jesus and Margarita's

"And God said to Man...go make Goldschlager...and drink it plentiful...and you will pray to me at the end of the night hovering over a swirling bowl of water....And I will grant thy wish and take back the Goldschalger and whatever else you ate that night after the club."

From the Book of Joe of Latter-Night Drunk "The Alcoholics"

Ohhhhh...I'm going to Hell....

I had one of the funniest emails ever yesterday, it seems a friend of mine really wants to see the Passion of Christ. I was raised a Catholic...(don't worry...Father McStickyfingers never got his paws on me). Well, lucky for me I was paroled after 18 years and sent on my way to a guilt free lifestyle. To entice me to view this movie with her she offered to bring over Margarita's, which strikes me as hilarious...and then my demented mind started kicking in...

Passion of Christ Drinking Games:
Do a Shot every time Jesus cures a blind person
Name all the 12 Apostles, for every one wrong..you do a shot
Thumbmaster everytime Jesus tell a parable...last one to catch on drinks


Anyway... the problem for me is that I already know how the movie ends....why would I want to watch it? Although this is Hollywood and I am sure the adaptation from the book to screenplay never quite made it verbatim (I dont think they find out it was Judas who set him up...can someone say Sequel?)

Keep it Krackin Y'all...see ya at Da Club
DM


Comments:
I already told you I knew the margarita offer was sacrilegious! So, I saw the movie last night and I don’t understand all the hype. The whole thing was about Jesus being tortured. There were quick flashbacks to other, happier times, but the movie barely showed aspects of the New Testament that would entice people to turn to Christianity. No miracles and happy times. If anything, this movie made me question my Christian upbringing even more. (Side note: I’m reading The Da Vinci Code right now, which includes all kinds of historical information that makes Christianity look like a ploy to control the masses.) I could go on and on. Anyway, no healing the blind, no turning water into wine, maybe one parable. And Judas snitched at the very beginning. I was really squirmy toward the middle just wanting it to be over. I’m really glad I didn’t force you to watch it (though I could have!). In the words of my roommate, TTFN. Kate
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

hit counter code